Dungeoneer's Union

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello sometimes we slay dragons

3 posters

House Rule/Title Discussion

Antinthe
    Antinthe
    Admin

House Rule/Title Discussion Empty House Rule/Title Discussion

Post  Antinthe Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Round two of trying to get a PbP campaign going, engage! Same sort of deal as last time: Character sheets on the forums, I'll put up a main campaign post and a dice rolling/DM request thread, and then everyone can just sort of go wild. We know it works, we just have to have schedules that don't go crazy, among other things. DMing will rotate between Saterienne and myself, but we haven't worked out a schedule or plot beyond the hella basics.

We obvious need a title for this mess, and Saterienne has suggested Ascension. I don't have any ideas yet, but if any pop up I'll toss them here.

Additionally, we need to decide on campaign-wide (or forum-wide, even) house rules for our PbP games. I'll toss up what we've discussed either in one on ones or just things that I've house ruled before:

- Paladins may be any alignment and champion an abstract cause rather than a deity at your own discretion. They should still adhere to some sort of code of conduct, loosely defined if necessary, and they only need to atone if they do not fight for the cause they champion. (A Chaotic Good champion might fight for the freedom of a local prefecture and lose his powers if he willingly tries to further its tyrant, yadda yadda. Use your best judgment there.)

- Gestalts are not allowed to stack two prestige classes when they level up, but you may select a normal class and a prestige class. If that prestige class grants extra spellcaster levels, you must choose one of your existing spellcaster levels to bump up. You cannot stack multiple spellcaster increases off of one prestige class leveling up. (If a Wizard/Sorcerer takes a prestige class that grants an extra level of spellcasting to an existing class, you must choose Wizard or Sorcerer. You are free to take a prestige class and a level in Sorcerer or Wizard, effectively allowing you to bump both classes at the same time - you just can't stack them up on one prestige class.)
    This is technically a default gestalt rule plus a houserule, but I felt it was worth noting.

- First level characters get full hit die + their entire CON score as HP. Skip your second level HP gain, then progress as normal from level three and onward.

- Clerics who worship a deity with anything pertaining to the undead gain the Turn Undead feat at level one. (Because I said so, Chicken Chaser! It still sucks though.)

- POTENTIAL RULE I HAVEN'T DECIDED ON: I really don't like Pathfinder's handling of skill points and how bad it shafts cross-class skills, but I don't really know how to balance it. We can always just use 3.5's class skill rules with Pathfinder's skill list, but there's probably some sort of balance - maybe 3.5's class skill rules with an extra skill point or two every level to balance out skill points in the long run.

- (ADDED 7/16) Instead of Pathfinder deities, we'll be using D&D 3.5's because Pathfinder has poo deities. Or maybe they're lovely and squishy and fantastic, but Paizo wrote them, so they can't be that good.

Discuss, tear down, rebuild, or suggest house rules and campaign titles at your leisure.

Last edited by Antinthe on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saterienne
    Saterienne
    Admin

House Rule/Title Discussion Empty Re: House Rule/Title Discussion

Post  Saterienne Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 am

I was tired and in hindsight Ascension sounds not-cool, but then again I don't have much to offer in way of a replacement short of like The Grand Game, which might've been fine if it didn't have that atrocious 'you lost the game hue' stigma attached.

I also like this blue.
    Chicken Chaser
    Chicken Chaser
    Admin

Post  Chicken Chaser Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:46 pm

How about Peasantscenion?

Also I do like me some blue.
    Saterienne
    Saterienne
    Admin

Post  Saterienne Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Peasants helping peasants to not be peasants.

Peasantception.
    Chicken Chaser
    Chicken Chaser
    Admin

Post  Chicken Chaser Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Three friends and a Putz

Idiot Wrangling

Down with Duke Dangerously

Fuck the Police (State)

Easybake Freedom

Sponsored content